14 Oct Coconut ice
We’ve gone out and found the best recipe that will help you create your very own simple and easy coconut ice. Enjoy…
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Grease two 18cm (base) square cake pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pans.
2. Sift icing sugar and cream of tartar into a large bowl. Add coconut and condensed milk. Mix well to combine. Remove half the mixture to a separate bowl.
3. Tint 1 portion pink with food colouring. Add vanilla to remaining portion. Mix both portions well to combine using your hands as the mixture can be quite firm.
4. Divide vanilla mixture evenly between the 2 cake pans. Press firmly into pans. Top evenly with pink mixture, pressing firmly. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.
5. Remove coconut ice from pans. Cut into 3cm squares to serve. Store in an airtight container.
For more information visit