12 Dec Star trees
We’ve gone out and found the best recipe that will help you create your very own simple and easy star trees cupcakes. Enjoy…
You’ll need 5.5cm, 7cm and 9cm star-shaped cookie cutters
1.Using an electric hand mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until well combined.
2. Sift flour and cornflour over butter mixture. Mix well. Divide in half. Press each half into a disc. Wrap each disc in baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Roll each disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3mm-thick.
4. Cut out 18 x 9cm stars, 18 x 7cm stars and 18 x 5.5cm stars from dough. Place onto prepared trays. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Place a 9cm star onto a flat surface. Spoon a little melted chocolate onto centre of star. Top with a second 9cm star, turning top star slightly so it is at an angle to first star. Repeat with a third 9cm star. Repeat with 3 x 7cm stars then with 3 x 5.5cm stars.
6. Combine icing sugar and enough water to make a thick paste. Drop a spoonful onto top of each tree. Use to hold place setting cards in position. Allow to set completely. Before placing onto table, dust with icing sugar.